Action Sports Cameras are unique, instead of your standard hand held camcorders these cameras are used in many different ways. These cameras are quite compact, hard wearing and easy to operate. However what makes them so popular are the wide range of activities and conditions that they can be used in. The quality of high definition videos that these cameras can take are outstanding. As well as the fact they are able to capture movement in great focus.
You would want to use this type of camera when taking part in extreme sports, hiking, water sports, travel and adventure. As you need equipment that can go along with you to different places, capable of capturing specific footage.
Popular Action Cameras To Choose From
- 4K Action Camera with 4X Zoom: Professional 4K/30FPS, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60FPS video and 16MP photo resolution enables you to capture exciting moment for you. This action camera also features zoom range from 1.0X to 4.0X.
- Wireless Wrist Remote Control: Put the remote control on your wrist while installing the sports camera on your helmet, convenient to record moments in places you can't reach. Wireless range up to 10m(33ft), the remote is not waterproof.
- Wifi Action Camera with 2” Screen: Save and share your sports action camera moments on the phone/tablet with App XDV, WiFi signal ranges up to 33 feet. 2'' screen allows you to preview the video in action camera.
- Upgrade Series of Campark ACT74: This ACT74-Upgrade action camera records video in 4K/30fps and takes photo at 20MP, capture and share your world in a fantastic resolution.
- EIS Anti-shaking Function: Equipped with built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) , this sports camera delivers stable and clear video even in fast speed movements.
- Remote Control and WIFI: This action cam comes with a wireless 2.4G remote, making it easy to start/stop recording while doing sports. The Wifi and APP connection help download and share your videos or photos on social media instantly.
- 4K Ultra HD action camera. Professional 4K 25Fps & 2.7K 30Fps video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless wrist remote control sports camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient.
- Longer battery life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this Action camera.
- 4K ultra hd action camera: Available in 4K 30fps video resolutions and 24MP photos. Campark X35 action camera enables you to take incredible photos and ultra HD videos. Capture and share your world in a fantastic resolution.
- Dual color screen design: Campark X35 dual screen action camera makes you the protagonist of your own world. The vivid front screen provide excellent recording experience for selfie photos and videos. 2.0'' high sensitivity back screen is clear and vivid, gives you a great playback and preview experience.
- Optional view angle and anti-shaking: Adjust the view angle of this sports camera according to your needs between wide(170°), medium, and narrow. Built in smart gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization makes your video much more smooth.
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: Featuring 4K/24fps, 2K/30fps and 1080P/60FPS video resolution and 20MP photos, AKASO Brave 4 action camera enables you to take incredible photos and ultra HD videos, clearly recording the beauty and wonders in life!
- OPTIONAL VIEW ANGLE AND ANTI-SHAKING: Adjust the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110°, and 70°. Built in smart gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization to make your video much more smooth.
- SPORTS CAMERA WITH WIFI AND HDMI: Sharing & editing videos from an action camera is easier with the free app. Just download the App on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters. With HDMI Port allows you to connect it with television.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Recording at 60 fps, HD 1280 x 720p Recording at 120 fps
- Capture up to 10MP Photos at 10 fps, Ultra Wide Angle Glass Lens
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GoPro App Ready, Compatible with Optional Wi-Fi Remote
- 【Superb 4K/60FPS & Smooth Touch Screen】-Victure AC920 is a New-born NATIVE 4K/60FPS Sports/Underwater Recording Camera, optional resolution of 4K/60fps, 4K/30fps, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/120fps, 720P/240fps, etc. The Smooth Touch Screen can react quickly and the system is easy-operate, really a friendly design.
- 【Reliable Image Stabilization】-Victure AC920 action camera adopts the advanced 6-axis gyroscope technology to build a stable image even when the camera tilts, moves, shakes, or bumps which means the true 4K action camera can be your reliable partner for any recording. This is really a trustable hyper smooth image stabilization.
- 【Dual Microphone & Remote Control】-Victure AC920 is an internal and external microphone available action camera. It also has a Wind Noise Reduction function, so you can capture the voice clear enough. The remote control will enable you to shoot pictures/videos freely within 10 meters.
- 4K 20MP Action Camera: Yolansin Nimbler 3 Sports Camera, with 4k/30fps smooth video resolution and photographs at 20MP, can better help you capture every excellent moment while vlog recording,skiing, skating,swimming,snorkeling,diving,and more.
- External Microphone: The microphone will significantly improve the sound quality of your footage and record a wider range of frequencies,which can capture sound from all directions.(The external mic and waterproof case can't be used together, because the case is totally sealed.)
- Electronic Image Stabilization: The EIS tech can counteract any bump, shake, or camera tilt during use, promising your images and videos clear and stable . Just turn on the EIS, and you will never sigh for the blurry shot or video during the bumps and knocks even under the roughest conditions.
- 4K 20MP Action Camera: APEMAN A79 Action Camera delivers ultra HD videos with 4K 30FPS resolution. Capture 20MP photo with EIS/ISO and advanced sensor. Enables you to store up every snow-covered landscape in skiing.
- External Microphone and Useful Accessories: The sports camera supports an external microphone (included in accessories) for better sound recordings. Multiple mounting kits allow you to shoot when biking, motorcycling, swimming, diving, snorkeling.
- Remote Control and Instant Sharing: 2.4G remote control within 10M range. WiFi connects via APP, controls the action camera, or downloads files on the phone. USB and HD out port for transmitting and playing files on PC or TV.
- BORN ALL-WEATHER ACTION CAMERA - Brave 7 LE action camera is weatherproof and distinct to unlock all the filming scenarios and ease your vlogging experience. Its IPX7 water-resistant design can protect the action camera from rain, snow and water splashing. Your underwater adventure can even down to 131FT/40M while equipped with the included waterproof housing.
- CONVENIENT DUAL-DISPLAY - With innovate dual color screens design, you can change framing and monitoring views between back and front, especially the vivid front screen can satisfy your selfies need and 2-inch back touch screen makes it easy to use than ever.
- SHOOT 4K VIDEO & 20MP PHOTO - This action camera can take hyper-quality 4K 30Fps video and 20MP photo, recording your adventure without missing any details!
When looking to buy a camera there are a few important things to consider:
- Resolution Nearly all the latest action cameras use 4K 1080p Video resolution. This is because this resolution allows for a smooth video, which means that action will be continuous and mainly uninterrupted. This means that you will hardly have to keep on pressing buttons so that it will continue to film. Along with video resolution you want to look for a still resolution of more than 14 MP. This is so when you are capturing still shots they will near enough be of the same quality of a bridge cameras. Cameras at the higher end of the market usually have 16 MP.
- Size The whole point of these action cameras for sports are that they are compact and small. So when buying one make sure that you are aware of the weight. The lighter the equipment the easier it will be to take around and mount where needed. Weight ranges between 50g and 180g. The cameras that are of the highest quality and efficient usually weigh between 90g and 118g.
- Battery life Battery life like any device is a must. What a shame to have a video cut short due to battery being short lasting. So when buying a Sports Action Camera look out for the ones that have a least 3 hours of battery life as these are the long lasting ones.
- Action Sports Cameras Best Sellers And Buying Guide – front page Features The best part about these camera devices is their features. Unlike normal cameras these action cameras usually come with Bluetooth or WiFi connections. This is so it can transfer files to other devices and apps. Waterproof is another feature that is a must, if its not waterproof is it even worth it? some cameras are splash proof and some cameras can go up to 60M in water. So when buying a camera that says waterproof be sure to check the deepest distance it can go. Depending on how you want to function this camera , some of them come with a screen and some do not come with a screen. Not having a screen means you have to be prepared with another device such a a smart phone etc to be able to view what you are recording, so if you want life to be easier, it may be better off choosing one with an screen, preferably a touch screen. Some other features are also GPS, voice control, LED lights, compass and footage editors. so depending on how high market you want to be or if you want to just keep the functions simple will influence what features you want your Action sports camera to have.
All the above incorporated can mean you are looking at quite a range of prices. Budget models can be had for well under a hundred dollars now with high end models with the latest features costing several hundred dollars.
Along with looking out for the above, it is also important to look out for different mounting options. This is important especially when it comes to what activity you will be taking part in. Some different mounting types available are:
- Helmet Mounts These mounts are good of you are climbing, hiking or biking. As they allow for the camera to sit at the front of your helmet in the center or one side enabling a good capture of video. This is also a cheap mount to find.
- Handle Bar Mounts These are quite universal and adjustable, perfect for motorcycles or your everyday bike. These are designed to keep the camera in place securely.
- Glove Mounts Glove mounts reduce the limitations that you have in place, they give you total flexibility and seamless rotations. Therefore the size of the action camera for this type of mount is very important , as it will only suit the smaller sized cameras due to the style of the mount.
- Chest Mounts Chest mounts come in form as a harness placing the camera right in the middle of the chest. Again this mount is handy for skiing, mountain biking and similar activities. These mounts sometimes can get uncomfortable if worn for a long time, so take consideration if you are taking part in a lot of activity
- Tripod Mounts These are your everyday tripod mounts but much more compact to be able to fit these small and compact devices. They can be place nearly anywhere and come with different adapter tools so that they can be used.