Action Sports Cameras are unique, instead of your standard hand held camcorders these cameras are used in many different ways. These cameras are quite compact, hard wearing and easy to operate. However what makes them so popular are the wide range of activities and conditions that they can be used in. The quality of high definition videos that these cameras can take are outstanding. As well as the fact they are able to capture movement in great focus.
You would want to use this type of camera when taking part in extreme sports, hiking, water sports, travel and adventure. As you need equipment that can go along with you to different places, capable of capturing specific footage.
Popular Action Cameras To Choose From
- 4K Ultra HD resolution: Apeman 4K Ultra HD professional action camera records video in 4K / 30fps and takes 20MP photos, four times more advantageous than previous cameras. Snap and share your world in a magnificent resolution.
- Wireless Remote Control:equipped with a 2.4GHz wrist remote control, you can take your photos in any situation. Recording videos, taking photos, or framing your shot was not so easy with the remote control.
- Water resistance up to 30 meters deep:The waterproof case is created to explore the fascinating underwater world through sports such as swimming, diving, surfing, drifting, and more, even through extreme competitions. All accompanied by 20 fantastic accessories, which will allow you to use the room as you want.
- Advanced MOS sensor with 16 million image pixels gives you more speed, quality and clarity than a traditional CCD or CMOS sensor with multiple Viewing Modes: Ring, Dome, Front Degree/Rear 180 Degree, 360 Degree Panorama, Globe.
- Capture all the high speed action with 1080p full-HD video or full-res images in 10fps with a push of a button. Switch the movie setting to time-lapse or loop recording for cool and fun detail.
- 2m Shockproof / -10 Degree Freeze proof / Dustproof / Splash Resistant.
- Dual Screens - Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- RockSteady - After years of providing advanced, reliable stabilization technology to filmmakers around the globe, DJI has gone one step further. RockSteady combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- More Dynamic Detail with HDR Video - This shooting mode delivers natural transitions between light and dark areas, capturing rich details that are often lost in environments with complex lighting. Osmo Action packs a high-quality punch with 4K/60fps at 100Mbps video. This ensures your footage always matches the intensity of the moment while maintaining sharp details.
- 1 x GoPro HERO8 Black | 1 x 50 in 1 Go Pro Accessory Kit | 1 x 6AVE Electronics TM Microfiber Cloth
- Up to UHD 4K Video, Slow Motion - HyperSmooth 2.0 Video Stabilization - TimeWarp 2.0 Stabilized Time-Lapse Video - SuperPhoto 12MP Stills with HDR Support
- Waterproof to 33' without a Housing - Direct Live Streaming to Facebook Live
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Recording at 60 fps, HD 1280 x 720p Recording at 120 fps
- Capture up to 10MP Photos at 10 fps, Ultra Wide Angle Glass Lens
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GoPro App Ready, Compatible with Optional Wi-Fi Remote
- Sony's smallest splash-proof Action Cam
- SteadyShot image stabilization conquers bumps and blur
- Control Action Cam via phone or up to 5 w/ Live-View Remote
- Dual Screens: Whether you want to record your world from behind a lens or be the star of the show, Osmo Action�s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display.
- RockSteady, Made to Move: RockSteady combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- More Dynamic Detail with HDR Video: Dramatically enhance the dynamic range of your footage when recording with HDR video. This shooting mode delivers natural transitions between light and dark areas, capturing rich details that are often lost in environments with complex lighting.
- Simple, grab and go operation with a compact, waterproof design and weight of just 2.6 ounce (74 grams), Hero session is the perfect camera for first time GoPro users
- Easy one button control press the button once to power on the camera and begin capturing video or photos automatically
- Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions, Hero session is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter), no housing needed
- 【Ultra HD 4K 20MP Action Camera】- This action camera adopts the newest upgraded chip, 7 layers of optical glass lens which bring ultra HD 4K videos and 20MP photos. Featuring rich video resolution: 4K/30FPS（others only 25FPS）, 2.7K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS, 720P/120FPS and so on, the sport cam will definitely offer you all vivid and incredible footage.
- 【EIS Stabilization and 40M Waterproof】- Smart anti-shake program is embedded in the chip. Therefore video fluency and stability are greatly improved when you do some extreme sports, such as parachute jumping, skiing, playing ball, etc. Made of upgraded durable material, the case improves the waterproof level from 30M to 40M. Just enjoy scenery in deeper underwater world.
- 【Built-in and External Microphone】- Comes with external microphone which helps a lot in places where there is much noise or it is inconvenient to collect sound, such as skiing, cycling and so on. 170° wide angle enables the camera to record more while shooting scenery or important moments.
- 3D VIDEO & PHOTO: Meet Spectacles 3 — camera glasses that capture your world in 3D. Two HD cameras record 3D videos and photos at 60 fps, and four built-in microphones capture immersive, high-fidelity audio.
- CHARGING CASE: Recharge Spectacles 3 on the go in their included leather Charging Case, which can store up to four charges at a time — featuring a collapsible design that can fold flat when not in use.
- 3D EFFECTS & 3D VIEWING: Reimagine the moment with a suite of 3D Effects on Snapchat, or relive it using the included 3D Viewer. You can even invite a friend to experience it on YouTube VR.
When looking to buy a camera there are a few important things to consider:
- Resolution Nearly all the latest action cameras use 4K 1080p Video resolution. This is because this resolution allows for a smooth video, which means that action will be continuous and mainly uninterrupted. This means that you will hardly have to keep on pressing buttons so that it will continue to film. Along with video resolution you want to look for a still resolution of more than 14 MP. This is so when you are capturing still shots they will near enough be of the same quality of a bridge cameras. Cameras at the higher end of the market usually have 16 MP.
- Size The whole point of these action cameras for sports are that they are compact and small. So when buying one make sure that you are aware of the weight. The lighter the equipment the easier it will be to take around and mount where needed. Weight ranges between 50g and 180g. The cameras that are of the highest quality and efficient usually weigh between 90g and 118g.
- Battery life Battery life like any device is a must. What a shame to have a video cut short due to battery being short lasting. So when buying a Sports Action Camera look out for the ones that have a least 3 hours of battery life as these are the long lasting ones.
- Action Sports Cameras Best Sellers And Buying Guide – front page Features The best part about these camera devices is their features. Unlike normal cameras these action cameras usually come with Bluetooth or WiFi connections. This is so it can transfer files to other devices and apps. Waterproof is another feature that is a must, if its not waterproof is it even worth it? some cameras are splash proof and some cameras can go up to 60M in water. So when buying a camera that says waterproof be sure to check the deepest distance it can go. Depending on how you want to function this camera , some of them come with a screen and some do not come with a screen. Not having a screen means you have to be prepared with another device such a a smart phone etc to be able to view what you are recording, so if you want life to be easier, it may be better off choosing one with an screen, preferably a touch screen. Some other features are also GPS, voice control, LED lights, compass and footage editors. so depending on how high market you want to be or if you want to just keep the functions simple will influence what features you want your Action sports camera to have.
All the above incorporated can mean you are looking at quite a range of prices. Budget models can be had for well under a hundred dollars now with high end models with the latest features costing several hundred dollars.
Along with looking out for the above, it is also important to look out for different mounting options. This is important especially when it comes to what activity you will be taking part in. Some different mounting types available are:
- Helmet Mounts These mounts are good of you are climbing, hiking or biking. As they allow for the camera to sit at the front of your helmet in the center or one side enabling a good capture of video. This is also a cheap mount to find.
- Handle Bar Mounts These are quite universal and adjustable, perfect for motorcycles or your everyday bike. These are designed to keep the camera in place securely.
- Glove Mounts Glove mounts reduce the limitations that you have in place, they give you total flexibility and seamless rotations. Therefore the size of the action camera for this type of mount is very important , as it will only suit the smaller sized cameras due to the style of the mount.
- Chest Mounts Chest mounts come in form as a harness placing the camera right in the middle of the chest. Again this mount is handy for skiing, mountain biking and similar activities. These mounts sometimes can get uncomfortable if worn for a long time, so take consideration if you are taking part in a lot of activity
- Tripod Mounts These are your everyday tripod mounts but much more compact to be able to fit these small and compact devices. They can be place nearly anywhere and come with different adapter tools so that they can be used.